When the weather turns grey outside, add delighted color to your frosty weather décor with a easy-to-invent floral decoration. Strawflowers (Xerochrysum bracteatum, Zones 8–10) are unfussy annuals that grow anywhere with elephantine sun and well-drained soil. For this project, you are going to want flower heads with out stems. Develop your relish, or receive dried flower heads from a craft vendor or grower. The vegetation frail in our video had been bought from a minute family farm in southern Ontario.
To invent some strawflower globes of your relish, you are going to want:
- Spherical glass embellishes (particular or colored)
- Small jar or vase to withhold the decoration whereas you work
- Low-temperature sizzling glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Strawflowers (40 to 50 heads per decoration)
- Snips or scissors for trimming stems
- Tweezers or needle-nosed pliers
- Gorgeous any stems or leaves from the reduction of the flower heads to invent them more straightforward to join to the decoration.
- Fastidiously note sizzling glue to the reduction of every and every flower, then gently press the flower onto the glass decoration.
- Repeat until the decoration is coated with flower heads. It will also just restful receive about 15 minutes to entire a medium-size decoration.
Tip: Even low-temperature sizzling glue can restful burn pores and skin. To offer protection to your arms from burns in the event it’s possible you’ll well presumably even be gluing, take care of the flower heads with tweezers or needle-nosed pliers.
Compile our most up-to-date guidelines, how-to articles, and academic movies sent to your inbox.